By Acacia | Posted on April 24, 2020
Listen on demand to learn how advances in multi-haul coherent modems can be used with appropriate next-gen ROADM architectures to meet future network bandwidth growth requirements while continuing to reduce the cost per transported bit.
Key Topics of Discussion
- Learn how new digital signal processor (DSP) and photonic integration technology are being deployed in multi-rate coherent modems to increase channel bandwidth and continue driving down the cost per transported bit
- Gain a better understanding of new DSP capabilities to create digital and optical sub-carriers for high capacity nodes
- Learn how wavelength selective switch (WSS) based colorless-directionless-contentionless (CDC)-ROADM can be used, to remove power and bandwidth bottlenecks in multi-haul networks
- Gain a better understanding of how multi-rate WSS-based CDC-ROADMs can be used to future proof networks
- Learn how new multi-rate coherent modems used with flexible WSS-based ROADM can create higher value networks
- Timothy Munks, Principal Research Analyst, Optical Networking Technology
- Tom Williams, Vice President of Marketing, Acacia Communications, Inc.
- Simon Warren, Senior Product Line Manager, Lumentum