AC1200 Product Family
The AC1200 Product Family is based on our Pico digital signal processor (DSP) ASIC. Acacia’s AC1200 product family supports transmission speeds of up to 1.2 Tbps in a footprint which is 40% less than the size of a 5” x 7” module supporting 400 Gbps today. The versatile AC1200 family supports multiple network applications, including Cloud/DCI, metro, long-haul and submarine.
In addition to its higher capacity and density, Acacia’s AC1200 family provides key features designed to enable network operators to improve efficiency while reducing network costs.
A primary capability of the AC1200 family is 3D-Shaping which enables fine-tune adjusting of the line-side modulation characteristics helping network operators optimize capacity and reach for their particular network or link. The key features enabling 3D-Shaping include:
- Shaping of the constellation points’ probability to increase capacity using Acacia’s patented Fractional QAM modulation
- Shaping of the constellation points’ location to increase reach
- Shaping of the spectral width to match the available channel passband by adapting the baud rate
Fractional QAM Modulation provides users with the ability to select very fine resolution of QAM constellations for optimal capacity. And an Adaptive Baud Rate capability provides users with the ability of continuous baud rate adjustment to optimize utilization of available spectrum.
In addition, the internal interconnection fabric enables increased traffic flexibility on the 1.2 Tbps throughput line-side transmission.
Acacia’s AC1200 family will also support security encryption and a wide range of host interfaces designed to reduce or eliminate the need for costly external devices. Acacia supports its AC1200 family with a software development kit designed to streamline the integration and allow customers to more quickly take advantage of this highly flexible solution.
Key Acacia technologies include:
- High performance DSP ASIC in the latest CMOS node with the low power dissipation that the industry has come to expect from Acacia products;
- Highly integrated silicon photonics circuit that supports high baud rates while reducing interconnect costs; and
- Co-optimization and short connection between the DSP ASIC and Optics provides high fidelity for the high speed interconnects.
Contact us for more information.