AC1200 Coherent Module
The AC1200 Coherent Module is based on our Pico digital signal processor (DSP) ASIC. Utilizing two wavelengths, with up to 600 Gbps capacity each, Acacia’s AC1200 supports transmission speeds of up to 1.2 Tbps in a footprint which is 40% less than the size of a 5” x 7” module supporting 400 Gbps today. The versatile AC1200 will support multiple network applications, including DCI, metro, long-haul and submarine.
In addition to its higher capacity and density, Acacia’s AC1200 introduces several new features designed to enable network operators to improve efficiency while reducing network costs. Key among these features are:
- Tunable Baud Rate – enables continuous baud rate adjustment for optimal utilization of the available spectrum
- Patented Fractional QAM Modulation – provides users with the ability to select very fine resolution of QAM constellations for optimal capacity
- Enhanced Turbo Product Code SD-FEC – offers ultra-high net coding gain (NCG) and enables maximum reach, while maintaining low power dissipation.
Acacia’s AC1200 module will support security encryption and a wide range of host interfaces designed to reduce or eliminate the need for costly external devices. Acacia will support its AC1200 with a software development kit designed to streamline the integration and allow customers to more quickly take advantage of this highly flexible solution.
Key Acacia technologies supporting its AC1200 coherent module are:
- High performance DSP ASIC in the latest CMOS node with the low power dissipation that the industry has come to expect from Acacia products;
- Highly integrated silicon photonics circuit that supports high baud rates while reducing interconnect costs; and
- Co-optimization and short connection between the DSP ASIC and Optics provides high fidelity for the high speed interconnects.
Contact us email@example.com for more information.